Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Kids These Days...

Star Wars. The classic good vs. evil galactic adventure. All kids love pretending to be Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader, right? I took a break today to introduce my boys (5 and 3) to this classic tale that daddy enjoyed growing up. I was looking forward to being the one to show them a world that their imagination could reach out to with excitement.

It took less than 30 minutes for the verdict I had been waiting for:

Jamie (5): "Dad, can I go do something else now?"
Jordan (3): "..." (he was asleep)

My kids, who can watch the same episode of Blue's Clues 50 times in a row were board with Star Wars. Obviously kids today no longer know how to appreciate the good things in life that they have right in front of them. Maybe that's the problem with society. I guess it's back to reruns of Blue's Clues.

1 comment:

jeanette rogers said...

Dont worry Michael, the boys will eventualy watch Star Wars with you and enjoy your excietment in it.
Thank you for letting me share your lives over the last wkend. I enjoy being with all of you more then you will ever know. Jordan and Jamie are the joys of my life, they keep me laughing I love them so very much, And you and Mindy are a calm center to my hectic home life. Thank you all for being the people you are. I love you all more then words can ever express.
mom