Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Quotes and Quips

I've decided to add a category here for fun quotes and quips that I hear or find...some of which remind me of specific people while others just make me think or laugh.

The first is for those of you who are pastors or public speaking students (or both - you know who you are):

"Public speaking is the art of diluting a two-minute idea with a two-hour vocabulary."
- Evan Esar, American Humorist (1899 - 1995)

"Daddy, don't touch my penis"
- Jordan, my 3 year old while I was helping him "aim" on the toilet...in a closed stall...of a crowded movie theater.

2 comments:

cmcgee said...

Joey and I are reading a book together on communication (Love Talk by the Parrots). The first chapter starts with a great quote from...Mister Rogers!

Life is deep and simple, and what our society gives us is shallow and complicated.

Unknown said...

Shoot. That's freaking hilarious!
Glad to see you here in blogland *grin*
<><